History

2019
From a specialist welding shop to a developer of laser machining centers

Arnold is a medium-sized family business with a history spanning more than 100 years. Our development went from being a supplier of welded and manufactured parts through to the manufacture of complex fixtures and special machines. Since 1985, the development and production of laser systems has been our most important product.In 2019 we celebrated our centenary. In the centenary year, Arnold employed more than 80 staff and we celebrated various "events" together with our employees, customers and sales partners.

2018
New Laser systems
New Laser systems

Revised laser polishing machine delivered to the HKPC Institute in Hong Kong. M1500, a newly developed compact laser cell with horizontal and vertical machining, was successfully sold.

2017
3D laser polishing machine for glass

First ever 3D laser polishing machine for glass was manufactured and delivered in collaboration with partners in the BMFT-funded Rapid Optics research project.

2016
Arnold Ravensburg All-time high

in terms of the number of delivered machines. With 85 employees, Arnold generates turnover of EUR 26 million.

2015
Enlargement of the site
Enlargement of the site

by an additional 11 thousand square meters via acquisition of an adjoining plot.

2013
Laser Job Shop "arnold-laserzentrum" opened.

Arnold Ravensburg expands its range of services in 3D laser technology and sheet metal forming.

2012
New 3D laser center

3D laser center, completely redesigned, was put into operation in Beijing. New modular design for laser welding systems for transmission gears.

2011
Special machine "laser cleaning"

as further process for the flexibility of the tool laser.

2010
China trade fair

Participation in the LASER WORLD OF PHOTONICS in Shanghai.

2009
New Laser systems

First production lines with fiber- and disc laser

2007
USA sales partner

KAR Enterprises Incorporated, Michigan – Official USA sales partner

2006
First orders from Russia; USA business activities are increased
2005
Participation in the “Laser Polishing” research project

in conjunction with the Frauenhofer Institution in Aachen and other project participants.

2004
Increased international sales

of our systems since the beginning of 2000, owing to a decrease in domestic demand. Delivery of five laser welding systems to Chrysler Kokomo.

2003
Sales of laser welding systems and laser processing centers to China and Iran
2002
70 employees; sales volume approx. 17 – 18 million euros
2001
Supplier to all automotive manufacturers

and their tier one suppliers Quality assurance system ISO 9001, ISO 14001

1985
First laser welding system for ZF Friedrichshafen
1978
Major contract for an engine testing station with MAN Nuremberg
Major contract for an engine testing station with MAN Nuremberg
1969
Transition of business to the constructions of jigs and fixtures as well as special industrial machinery
1960
Move to new premises at Gottlieb-Daimler-Strasse 29
1950
Approx. 20 employees

– Job shop and production shop for lathed components

1950
Owner: Karl Arnold, master craftsman for mechanics since 1952
Owner: Karl Arnold, master craftsman for mechanics since 1952
1924
Change of owner to Emil Arnold
1919
The Arnold Company is first established
The Arnold Company is first established

Founding owner Anton Arnold, master craftsman for mechanics, as a mechanical job and repair shop, specializing in the welding of aluminum and cast iron.